The pros & cons of 3 popular flooring options for your home
Struggling to decide which flooring material to install in your home? Then read on to discover the main pros and cons of three of the most popular residential flooring options.
Carpet is without doubt one of the most popular flooring materials for homes across the nation. It works well in almost any room of the house and comes in a seemingly endless array of colours, styles and patterns.
Pros of carpet
- Huge selection of choice to match your style
- One of the most affordable flooring options available
- Easy to maintain
- Long lasting when taken care of properly
- Gives a soft and warm surface for all the family’s feet
- Helps to trap warm air inside the room
Cons of carpet
- Spillages can stain it if the carpet isn’t treated
- Can make a room warmer in hot weather
- Needs to be professionally cleaned to keep it looking its best
Real wood flooring
No other type of flooring can beat real wood in terms of providing your home with an elegant and stylish look that transcends the ever-changing fashions of interior design. It’s available in a number of different woods, such as oak, maple and bamboo, and comes in a range of finishes including lacquered, oiled or brushed matt.
Pros of real wood
- Luxurious flooring that withstands the test of time
- Long-lasting and durable
- Looks great in any room in the home
- Wide range of different woods and finishes available
Cons of real wood
- Hard to repair if it gets scratched or damaged
- Can be more expensive than other types of materials
Vinyl flooring has come on leaps and bounds in recent years and the suppliers we use here at KC Carpets produce beautiful materials that are inspired by the natural world. As it’s water resistant, vinyl flooring is a popular choice for kitchens, utilities, hallways and bathrooms, though it looks just as fantastic in other rooms as well.
Pros of vinyl
- Water resistant
- Long lasting and highly durable
- Huge range of styles to choose from
- Affordable alternative to real wood and stone
- Warm and comfortable underfoot
Cons of vinyl
- Can be damaged if something sharp is dropped on it
- Can be slippery when wet
KC Carpets is a leading supplier of the best quality residential flooring in the South, with years of experience perfectly installing a range of flooring materials, from carpets and laminate to real wood and vinyl. To find out more or to browse your flooring options, pop into our shop in Wimborne today or call us on 01202 679877.