Luxury vinyl vs laminate flooring – what’s the difference?
Both luxury vinyl and laminate will fulfil your requirement for a durable, attractive flooring option. However, how do they differ, and which is best for your home?
The truth is, luxury vinyl and laminate flooring share many characteristics, which could mean that your choice comes down to personal preference of available designs:
- They both replicate the appearance of natural materials, like stone or wood
- They are both a fraction of the cost of ‘real’ alternatives
- They can both be installed over concrete or wooden subfloors
- They are both easy to clean
However, there are some key differences between the two flooring options that could influence your decision one way or another, particularly when it comes to certain rooms in your home.
- Available in planks or tiles
- Softer underfoot
- Less suitable for areas with direct sunlight
- Water / stain resistant
- Available in planks only
- The eco-friendlier option
- More solid underfoot
- Scratch and fade resistant
- Less suitable for high moisture areas, like kitchens and bathrooms
Leading residential flooring suppliers in Dorset
We stock an excellent range of residential flooring options at our shop, Design Flooring by KC in Wimborne. This includes luxury vinyl and laminate flooring from leading, trusted brands like Karndean, Quick Step and amtico.
Not only do we have a fantastic range of luxury vinyl tiles and laminate flooring for you to choose from, we can also carry out the installation for you too if required. We have over 20 years of experience fitting carpets and flooring for all types of home and application, and can guarantee you a smooth, affordable service.